Oct 31st is Halloween, but it’s also the early bird deadline for the Simply Youth Ministry Conference. Here’s some information and reasons I love this community of youth workers who come together yearly to do more than get training. It’s a family!
*Early Bird Deadline expires 10.31.2011 (A $40 SAVINGS!)
When: March 2-5, 2011
Where: Louisville, KY
Here’s Where to Register: http://conference.youthministry.com/
Here’s What Phil Bell Loves About SYMC:
- They have deeper learning tracks that help you dig deeper into certain ministry areas. You can spend 4-8 hours focused on one area of ministry and come away with a wealth of knowledge as well as highly practical steps and ideas.
- The community there is incredible. Everything they do is geared to helping youth workers connect with each other and build lasting relationships. I have been to SYMC for 4 years now, and I have some incredible friendships with people I call and Skype regularly. I know I am not alone in ministry…
- The Speakers are accessible and easy to talk to. It does not matter who you are, every speaker is available to talk to. There is no “them and us” at this conference.
- It’s Super fun! It’s a great place to let your hair down and be yourself. It’s a great place to laugh and forget about ministry struggles.
- They care about your soul at SYMC: The Simply Youth Ministry Soul Care Team are always available to talk, pray, and encourage us for the whole conference. This year the theme for the conference is “Breathe”.
Don’t just take my word for it. Take Kami’s word for it! Kami Gilmour is the director of SYMC and recently did an interview with Tim Schmoyer from Life in Student Ministry.